3 Classes for the price of 1
What does it take to be an author? Get started on your journey with this starter kit on writing a novel, overcoming roadblocks and starting your brilliant career!
These three 1-hour long videos include:
- The Job of Best-Selling Author
- Learn what makes a story powerful, something you want to pass along? Join us as we start our series: the Story Equation, with the question: What is the Job of the Author.
- 10 Dream Killers
- Next, have you tried to write a novel and just can't...get...started? Learn what Dream Killers are, and what LIES we believe that keep us from reaching out for those dreams in our hearts.
- Planning for Writing Success
- Find out how a plan can transform the way you sit down to write. Make the most of every moment you dedicate to your craft, by strategizing about how you spend your time.
Susan Warren offers a practical method of teaching that really sticks in your head. I went to a writers conference and heard many well-known, published authors, but what Susan taught I brought home to my writing. ~ Therese Stenzel
Susan's teaching technique is fun and fresh! Her open and honest way of communicating writing skills is highly effective. Writers of all experience levels will benefit from her creative examples of characterization and plot." ~ Betsy Ann St. Amant
Hi. I'm Susan May Warren. I started writing while I lived in Siberia (yes, you heard that right--cold, snowy, Siberia). Alone. No one to help me, overwhelmed and not a little discouraged. Fifteen years later, I've published over 60 books in five different genres, have landed on numerous bestseller lists (including USA Today bestselling), won the RITA, CHRISTY and CAROL awards (and others) and started a school for novelists.
I've learned a few things along the way (beyond techniques on how to stay warm in the tundra!) Most importantly I learned that if I wanted to be published, I had to figure out how to write a book, how to edit it, how to step back from my stories, look at them with a critical eye, figure out what a good manuscript looks like, and then use my unique voice to make that happen.
First, write a good book. Then, learn how to sell it.
This is the foundation of NovelAcademy. Learning. Editing. Growing...Getting published and Staying published.